FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY? YOU'RE NOT ALONE
Filing for bankruptcy can be a difficult situation to face, but when you work with Atlantis Law Firm, you will be working directly with a trusted and experienced bankruptcy lawyer who always has your best interests in mind.
Many people have a negative reaction towards bankruptcy, but Atlantis Law Firm makes filing for bankruptcy a positive experience.
Our team strives to provide each and every client with personalized service and one-on-one attention to make sure that each client's needs are met. We believe in doing the job right the first time and take all the precautionary steps to make sure that all the necessary information is included in the bankruptcy petition.
Why Hire Atlantis Law Firm?
- We handled complicated Ch.13 and Ch.7 with tax debt, EDD & SSI overpayment, business debt and business bankruptcies
- Easy and stress-free solutions
- Complimentary bankruptcy evaluations
- One on one attention for every client
- Appointments on Saturday mornings available
- After hour appointments available
- Countless client testimonials
Planning for Everyone You Love and Everything You HaveRequest a consultation
Areas of Bankruptcy
Chapter 7 bankruptcy is also known as liquidation bankruptcy and provides relief to individuals facing extreme debt. In Chapter 7 bankruptcy, all non-exempt assets may be sold to pay off unsecured debts. Unsecured debts can include credit card debts and medical bills. You may choose to retain some debts, such as auto loans and mortgages, in order to keep your property but choosing to retain this debt is completely up to you
Benefits of Chapter 7:
Most of the debts that you owed or incurred BEFORE the filing of your case are eligible to be discharged. The following is a list of common debts that will be discharged in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, absent any extraordinary circumstances:
When filing for bankruptcy, some individuals are not eligible to file for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy because they did not meet the criteria set forth in a bankruptcy means test. Others simply do not wish to engage in a liquidation process and sell their assets to repay debts. For people who are still seeking debt relief without having to file for Chapter 7, there is another solution: Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
Benefits of Chapter 13:
- Filing triggers an automatic stay, which stops home foreclosure
- Automatic stay also stops aggressive collection action
- Repayment plan is reasonable & flexible and allows you to pay what you can afford
- Chapter 13 Trustee oversees your case and disperses payments to creditors
- Allows you to keep the property you are making payments on (home or car, etc.)
If you are struggling against severe debt, reach out to Atlantis Law Firm. We have years of experience and are able to determine the debt relief option that will work best for your situation. Reach out to us today for a free initial consultation. When you hire our firm, we have affordable payment plans available.